Favorite Ten Albums of 2011.
I am appreciative when my musically knowledgeable1 friends post2 their3 “Best Albums of the Year” write ups. I don’t claim to be musically knowledgeable or to have a critically discerning ear for music. I listen to what I like, and friends and NPR’s First Listen are primary filters. So, here, for any that may be mildly interested, without commentary, are the albums that I kept returning to this year, not in order of greatness, but unbiased, alphabetical order.
- Bon Iver: Bon Iver
- Devotchka: 100 Lovers
- Eddie Vedder: Ukelele Songs
- Fleet Foxes: Helplessness Blues
- Givers: In Light
- King Creosote & Jon Hopkins: Diamond Mine
- Marissa Nadler: Marissa Nadler
- Radiohead: The King of Limbs
- Thao & Mirah: Thao & Mirah
- Wye Oak: Civilian
On Spotify? Here’s the playlist.